IBSAT 2018 RESULTS
1. Will I be intimated my score in IBSAT 2018?
IBSAT scores are not disclosed. IBSAT is a qualifying test for attending the selection process.
The final selection is based on the performance in Group Discussion, Personal Interview and the Past Academic Record.
2. How many candidates have appeared for the test and how many have qualified for the selection process?
Around 25,000 candidates have appeared for IBSAT 2018 and 12,000 candidates have qualified for the selection process.
1. What are selection Briefings?
The selection briefings are a series of focused seminars to provide the candidate an insight into Programs and processes at IBS.
Selection Briefings will be conducted at 54 locations from Jan 12 – Jan 22, 2019.
Candidates have to select one of the time slots convenient to them and indicate the same in the “Online Confirmation Form – SP & SB” available at www.ibsindia.org on or before January 10, 2019.
SELECTION PROCESS (February2019)
1. When is the selection process scheduled?
The selection process is scheduled from February 20-26, 2019 for 7 days at IBS Hyderabad campus.
2. Is there any dress code for attending selection process?
The candidates are advised to come in formal wear which is in suits / shirt with tie for men and suits / simple Indian suit for women for attending selection process.
3. How the selection process dates allotted?
The selection process dates are allotted randomly. Hence the date on which a candidate attends the selection process does not have any effect on their selection.
4. Can I attend the selection process at any other city other than Hyderabad?
Selection process is conducted only at IBS Hyderabad from Feb 20-26, 2019 for all 9 IBS campuses.
5. If a candidate is not able to attend selection process on the allotted date, what would be the procedure for change of date?
The process for requesting change in selection process date is
- The candidate has to confirm online the date allotted to him/her.
- Subsequent to online confirmation, he/she has to send a request by email on the email id email@example.com requesting for change of date giving 3 alternative dates between 20 – 26th February 2019.
- Depending on availability of vacancies, one of the requested dates would be allotted and communicated to the candidate by email.
6. Where do I indicate my preferences for the campuses?
You may indicate your preferences for the campuses in the Online Confirmation Form and also in the Application Form sent with the selection kit.
7.What does the selection process comprises of?
The selection process comprises of the following stages:
- Group discussion
- Personal interview
8.What is registration?
All the candidates have to report and register for the selection process between 7.00am – 8:30 am at IBS-Hyderabad campus on the selection process day allotted to them. On reporting at the selection process venue the applicants have to complete certain formalities like:
Submission of documents:
- Application Form 2019 (duly filled in with Photo affixed)
- Self attested Xerox copies of mark sheets and certificates of 10th, 12th, Graduation & Post Graduation (if applicable).
You may also carry the selection process call letter and print out of online confirmation page along with a photo id proof.
Candidates who submit the above documents will be registered and issued a Selection Process admit card which gives the details of events for the day.
The admit card should be retained by the candidates till they leave the campus.
9.What’s the role of group discussion in the selection process?
In the group discussion a topic will be announced to a group of 8 – 10 candidates. The candidates will be given 15 minutes for the group discussion. After discussion each candidate will be given an opportunity to summarize his/her opinion in a minute. The group discussion aims to evaluate the candidate’s expression, initiative communication, analytical skills and behavior in group.
10.What’s the role of personal interview in the selection process?
The personal interview is the final stage in the selection process. The questions during the interview will focus on assessing the attitude, aptitude and aspirations of the applicant. The interview panel will also evaluate the candidate’s general knowledge, communication skills, clarity of thought and expression and aptitude for a career in management.
11. What are the weightages for different components in selection process?
The weightage allotted to different components in the selection process are as follows.
12.Is there any weightage for work experience in the selection process?
There is no weightage for work experience in the selection process. However, during the Personal Interview the panel members assess the candidate taking into consideration all the factors like work experience, etc.
1. If I am waitlisted, will I be informed the campus I am waitlisted for?
Yes, the list of IBS campuses you are waitlisted for depending on your score will be indicated in the online result letter.
2. If I am waitlisted student, when will you allot the confirmed seat to me?
The waitlist allotments will be done from March 25, 2019 onwards.
1. Is there a facility for campus transfers?
There is no facility for campus transfer.
2. After completing a semester at a particular IBS campus will I be given an option to change my campus in case of a valid reason?
After joining a particular campus, students request for campus transfer from one campus to another offering PGPM program can be considered based on academic performance during the program and availability of seats.
FEES (MBA/PGPM Program)
1. What is the Fee Structure for IBS MBA / PGPM Programs?
(Amount in Rupees)
- In addition, students have to pay Rs.10,000 as refundable Caution Deposit with the first instalment of Program Fee.
2. What is the last date to pay the admission fee?
Selected candidates will have to pay the admission fee of Rs 80,000 in the form of Demand Draft in favour of “IFHE –IBS Admission Fee A/c 2019” payable at Hyderabad on or before March 22, 2019. The payment of fee within the due date is for reserving your seat in the program.
3. Will the students be provided with the Laptops?
The students are expected to bring their own Laptops when reporting at the campus.
4. What is the last date for withdrawal after payment of admission fee? How much amount would be refunded?
TThe last date for withdrawal from the program is May 15, 2019.
The students who withdraw from the program on or before 5.00 pm on May 15, 2019 will be refunded the admission fee by June 30, 2019 after deducting Rs 1000 as administrative charges as per UGC guidelines.
ICFAI Business School (IBS) offers various types of Scholarships to students. The details are given below:
- Campus Merit Scholarship
IBS Offers Campus Merit Scholarships in the form of concession in the program fee to students. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of GPA secured in Semester-I, Semester-II and Semester-III subject to meeting certain conditions.
- Domicile Scholarship for IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur:
IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur offer Domicile Scholarship of Rs.50,000/- to the students belonging to the states of Uttarakhand and Rajasthan respectively. The fee concession will be given in five equal instalments.
The students have to produce a domicile certificate from the Tahsildar / MRO / Municipality Office. The complete details will be given in student handbook.
- Past Academic Record Scholarship for IBS Dehradun & IBS Jaipur:
IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur offer scholarship based on past academic record in Graduation. The scholarship amount awarded will be adjusted equally in 5 instalments of program fee. The details are given below:
One of the ethos of ICFAI Business School(IBS) is to recognize and encourage the meritorious students. IBS Offers merit scholarships and student assistantships. The details are given below
I-LEAD Assistantships : (IBS Learn, Earn & Develop) Assistantships
IBS offers 3 types of Assistantships to students who are in need of financial support to meet part of their expenditure during the program viz.,
- Digital Marketing Ambassadors
- Library Assistantship
- Computer Lab Assistantship
Digital Marketing Ambassadors
IBS offers Digital Marketing Ambassadors for a period of 6 months. Rs.6000/- per month will be offered as stipend.
Students who have got flair for digital and social media will be offered Digital Marketing Assistantships to carry out visual branding, promote online marketing, writing blogs in face book, twitter and other social media platforms which would help showcasing the student activities of IBS campuses.
IBS offers Library Assistantship for a period of 6 months. Rs.5000/- per month will be offered as stipend.
Students who are offered the Library Assistantship are required to work in the library after the college for 2 hours (three days in a week) to assist the librarian in maintaining the catalogues, updating catalogues on computer and any other job related to library assigned to them by the Librarian.
Computer Lab Assistantship
IBS offers Computer Lab Assistantship for a period of 6 months. Rs.5000/- per month will be offered as stipend.
Students who are offered the Computer Lab Assistantships are required to work in the Computer Lab after the college for 2 hours (three days in a week) to assist the System Administrator in systems maintenance, software update, network issues, etc.
COMMENCEMENT OF CLASSES
- Induction classes commences from May 20, 2019.
- Regular classes for MBA and PGPM program will commence on June03, 2019 at all IBS campuses.
Is hostel accommodation available for the students?
The MBA program at IBS Hyderabad is a fully residential program. The students are required to pay hostel accommodation charges of Rs 45,000 per semester and mess expenses of approximately Rs 24,000 per semester.
AT IBS JAIPUR CAMPUS:
Hostel facility is available at IBS Jaipur campus. Hostel & Mess expenses will be communicated in the enrolment letter.
Hostel facility is not available at other IBS campuses. However the campus administration will assist the students in getting a suitable off campus accommodation nearby the respective campus. The living expenses in these cities vary from Rs 10,000 – Rs 15,000 per month.
1. How to avail a bank loan facility? Which banks provide Educational loan facility to study at IBS?
The students are required to approach the Banks in their home town for Educational loan facility. The maximum loan amount provided by the bank is Rs.10 Lakhs for programs in India. The loan amount will be disbursed by the bank as per the fee schedule.
The list of banks where the students have availed educational loans in the past are:
Private Sector Banks & Financial Institutions
- HDFC Bank
- CREDILA Financial Services
- AVANSE Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Axis Bank
Public Sector Banks
IBS has entered into MOUs with the following financial institutions:
CREDILA Financial Services
AVANSE Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
2. What is Bridge Loan Facility?
IBS offers a Bridge loan to students admitted into the programs in India till they receive the sanction and disbursement of an educational loan from a bank. Students are required to pay the admission fee by the specified date from their own resources. The Bridge loan facility is available for the first instalment of tuition fee and not for any subsequent instalments due on future dates.
Under the bridge loan facility, IBS will accept four post dated cheques (PDCs). IBS students may utilize the bridge loan facility until the sanction of bank loan. The details would be provided in the selection letter.
3.In cases of any queries or assistance with bank loans you may contact:
Placements (Class of 2018):
Placements (Class of 2018)
In case of any queries whom do I contact?
For any queries on IBSAT 2018, you may contact on the following address, email and telephone numbers:
Plot No. 65,Ground Floor,
Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta
Hyderabad – 500 082, Telangana, India.
Phone : + 91–40–23440963
Toll Free No : 1800 425 55 66 77
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org